Lightning - Hidden Flip Chip Switch

So after getting home from JLP, the first thing to be done was install the flip chip's switch, but where? The cup holder seemed the ideal place... I never use it (no eating / drinking allowed in the truck), anyway's, and it's nicely hidden from plain view, but still easily accessible, when needed. Now all I had to do was figure out how I was going to do this - on a budget. The steps below outline exactly what was done.

Here's the switch that connects to the Diablo chip, which is used to change between programs contained on the chip.

Diablo switch to be installed

It seems to me that the cup holder makes a perfect hiding spot for the switch, and is easily accessible, if needed.

The cupholder makes a perfect hiding spot

Step 1: Cut a small piece of cardboard, as per the inside of the cup holder.

The cupholder makes a perfect hiding spot

Step 2: Test-fit the cardboard, and continue to shave off the edges, until it just barely squeezes into the cup holder.

The cupholder makes a perfect hiding spot

Step 3: Once the cardboard is cut to the desired size, punch two small holes, for the switch and LED light. Test fit the switch and light.

The cupholder makes a perfect hiding spot

Step 4: Using a small piece material, wrap the cardboard (I affixed it to the back using duct tape :D). Then, reattach the light and switch.

The cupholder makes a perfect hiding spot

Step 5: Test fit it in the cup holder. I realized that it was a little wobbly, so I build two little supports, out of rolled duct tape pieces, to keep it from rattling as I drive.

The cupholder makes a perfect hiding spot

Step 6: Drill a small hole in the back of the cup holder., to feed the wire through and complete the final install.

The cupholder makes a perfect hiding spot

That's pretty much it. It was really quick, to do. I think it took me longer to take the pictures, and throw this page together, than it did to complete the install. Originally, the cardboard was just to test fit everything... I was going to try and get some plastic to do the final. Then I found the material around my house, and thought "for a temporary solution, this may be alright." Now that I completed the install, I think it makes it look real nice. I think I'll end up keeping it, as is.